Global (System Tray) Icon

Using Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation and Syncfusion WPF Libraries

Global (System Tray) Icon

Postby Dick Bowman on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Advance apologies for taking so long to spot this, and missing any obvious solution, but...

Just today I noticed that my WPF-based APLets display a generic Dyalog icon in the System Tray; but my APL/W native APLets all have their own individual icons. Being - as I am - ashamed to admit to using APL I would like to have the WPF-based APLets also show specific icons.

After taking far longer than I ought to figure out how the native APLets were doing their thing (setting #.IconObj - but you all knew that) I can see an easy "APL" way to put things right.

My question is whether there's a "purer" way to do this entirely within WPF (setting Window icons is easy - I can do that - but what foxes me is whether there's a .NET or WPF equivalent to #.IconObj←whateveritis.
Visit http://apl.dickbowman.com to read more from Dick Bowman
Dick Bowman

Re: Global (System Tray) Icon

Postby PGilbert on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:28 pm

Hello Dick, I am not sure I understand your question, but this link explain a way to set the Icon of a WPF window while using Dyalog APL.
PGilbert

Postby Dick Bowman on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:25 pm

Thanks - not sure I understand your answer...

My interest is in setting the icon that appears in the System Tray (the little popup window that contains stuff like "safely remove your USB devices"), so that it's "my" icon and not Dyalog's. The icons for the application window and TaskBar are fine.

As I say #.IconObj does the business - I just wondered whether there was something using .NET/WPF more directly (if less easily).
Visit http://apl.dickbowman.com to read more from Dick Bowman
Dick Bowman

Postby PGilbert on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:55 pm

Could you use a NotifyIcon like it was discussed here but without the balloon ?
PGilbert

Return to WPF & Syncfusion