Could not load bridge interface functions error.

A forum for issues on macOS; the UNIX and Linux forums may have relevent posts

Could not load bridge interface functions error.

Postby kennedyce on Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:56 pm

macOS Big Sur 11.1, Dyalog APL 18.0

Load a workspace, begin to type a function name (in this case 'Describe').

)load vibe
/Users/CEK1/Documents/APL/vibe.dws saved Mon Jan 11 12:39:39 2021
D

After the first character, D, the session throws an error box titled: Status Output /users/CEK1/Documents/APL/vibe.dws

Error Box Contents:

Could not load bridge interface functions. (Error 0x0065ebc8: "image not already loaded")

I can dismiss the error box and all is fine. Is this your bug, my bug, or RIDE?

Here's the Dyalog APL About:
IDE:
Version: 4.3.3463
Platform: MacIntel
Date: 2020-07-07 10:44:21 +0100
Git commit: 0cd6e9faf39a5d6a5f5caa94d1ff51743d5cdd75
Preferences:{
"indent":"6",
"kbdLocale":"en_US_Mac",
"wrap":"1",
"zoom":"5",
"autoPW":"1"
}

Interpreter:
Version: 18.0.38756
Platform: Mac-64
Edition: Unicode/64
Date: Jul 16 2020 at 01:08:20
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 10.53.35 AM.png
kennedyce

Re: Could not load bridge interface functions error.

Postby AndyS|Dyalog on Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:25 am

Hi there

Can you try the same, but )loading dfns instead ? If this does not produce the error, can you drop support@dyalog.com an email with the workspace attached (if you're ok with letting us have a copy). And can you tell us the history of the workspace .. has it only ever been saved on macOS, or was it saved in a Windows version of Dyalog ?

In Unicode interpreters on non-Windows platforms which can support .NET Core we currently enable .NET Core by default. You can disable .NET Core by adding
      DYALOG_NETCORE: 0,
to the file ~/.dyalog.dcfg and restarting APL. This will work equally well on any non-Windows platform.
AndyS|Dyalog

Postby kennedyce on Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:17 pm

)load dfns does not produce the error. The workspace vibe.dws was created and saved in Windows (Dyalog 17, maybe) before I moved to macOS. Adding DYALOG_NETCORE: 0, to dyalog.dcfg fixed the error. Workspace vibe.dws has been sent to support@dyalog.com.

BTW, is there a way besides editing the .dcfg file to change the WSPATH configuration parameter in macOS?
kennedyce

Postby Morten|Dyalog on Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:33 am

kennedyce wrote:The workspace vibe.dws was created and saved in Windows (Dyalog 17, maybe) before I moved to macOS.

My guess would be that the workspace is saved with a ⎕USING setting that tells the interpreter to search for .NET libraries. If that is the case, you may be able to fix the problem by setting ⎕USING←'' and re-saving the workspace.

You may also want to search the workspace for code which sets ⎕USING, as this code will depends on the .NET framework being present.
Morten|Dyalog

Postby Morten|Dyalog on Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:20 pm

Oops, that is incorrect. The correct expression to turn ⎕USING off is
Code: Select all
⎕USING←0⍴⊂''

Setting it to an empty vector just means all you have access to is the core library.
Morten|Dyalog

Postby AndyS|Dyalog on Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:51 pm

.. and as for other ways of setting configuration parameters. I'm afraid that the answer is not really.

Configuration parameters can also be specified as environment variables, but the shortcut which starts Dyalog APL isn't amenable to injecting environment variables. Under the covers it eventually calls the script /Applications/Dyalog-18.0.app/Content/Resources/Dyalog/mapl ..
AndyS|Dyalog

Return to macOS